Vodacom Business Nigeria wanted to launch the ‘Ready Business Campaign’, a campaign about empowering businesses with their technology where everything, everyone is confidently connected everywhere. As the more intelligently your business is connected, the more Ready it can be. They wanted to show that they offered solutions created to help businesses work more effectively.
The challenge was to reach and communicate Vodacom’s world-class solutions to their target audience who are decision makers in various sectors of Nigerian business; including the Oil & Gas, Finance, Manufacturing, ICT, Construction and Hospitality. This audience are mostly CXO’s who are mobile – always on –the – move, agile business men and women whose attention is difficult to grab and their audience even harder to get.
Vodacom Business Nigeria contacted Wild Fusion to come up with the best strategy to reach these decision makers, grab their attention and finally get an audience to showcase how Vodacom solutions can grow their businesses, helping them become Ready. The major objectives were to:
- Increase visibility for the Vodacom Business Nigeria amongst target audience online
- Drive traffic to the Vodacom website and to
- Generate leads
The campaign was targeted at IT investment decision makers
What We Did
Wild Fusion worked with the Vodacom team to design this microsite which was the landing page for the campaign.
IT Decision makers were reached using content that was tailored to solving some of the challenges they face in day to day operations. When targeted leads (based on interests and professional profiles) filled in the form, they were able to download content which empowered readers with information about Ready Business, the benefits of Ready Business and the various services that Vodacom Business Nigeria offers.
Display Advertising was used to promote these products and targeted to users based on job role, experience and industry.
Search Ads was used to reach users at the point of intent and with a strong call to action, relevant users were reached.
Linkedin Sponsored Inmail was deployed to tactically reach IT decision makers on Linkedin. Inmail messages were sent to their inbox on LinkedIn which stays at the top of their inbox till the receiver opens the message.
- Thousands of interested customers opted into Vodacom Business Nigeria’s database, showing interest for the services and products.
- Visit to the Vodacom Business Nigeria website by the target audience increased considerably with over 38,000 visitors to the Vodacom Business Nigeria’s website.
- The conversion rate was at 5.79%, higher than the standard industry rate for telecom products.
- The social media (LinkedIn) fan base grew by 80% alongside the engagement rate.
- Relevant and important business insight was generated from the analysis of the campaign using analytics.
- Digital played a strategic role in reinforcing offline activities e.g. The launch of Vodacom Business Nigerian in the cities of Ibadan and Kano
What The Client Said
Digital advertising has become one of the most efficient means of reaching various audiences globally. At Vodacom, we are customer obsessed and so reaching our customers, getting their audience and passing our message is paramount. We couldn’t have gotten a better team to do all of this than Wild Fusion. It was the combination of the right solutions, the right messaging and the right team that resulted in a successful online campaign.