Content marketing has played a huge role in social media marketing strategy in recent times. Social media for brands/ businesses helps build relationships with target group and at the same time increases brand visibility online.
Just the way an architect always has a well-drawn out plan for a house before it is built, putting together a “Strategy” before getting on social media should be top on the list for any brand/ business.
7 Tips on How to Make Social Media Work for Your Brand
- Every brand or individual who decides to use the social media platform as a tool for either personal branding or brand management must have a “good strategy” on how they intend to play on that space. i.e. what they intend to achieve and how they intend to go about it.
- Having clear & engaging content would provide brand awareness & daily consumer interaction with your brand. Find content that resonates with your target group. For instance; if your TG is young people, research & discover what most young people are doing online, provide content they would be interested in (Music, football, videos, games, etc.)
- Social media is a two way communication. If your audience/ consumers take out time to visit your social media page and interact with your content either by commenting, liking or sharing, please respond to them. No matter how flimsy or irrelevant their suggestions may be, the least you can say is “Thank you for your comment”. You would be amazed how much trust you would gain from your audience.
- Always ask your audience/ consumers for feedback on your products. This would help the brand position itself in the right direction. Social media gives you the opportunity to reach as many people as possible, through one medium, all at the same time!
- If your brand has a “serious tone of voice” offline and you decide to get on social media, find a “social media tone of voice” to increase your online presence & engagement.
- On social media, sometimes images speak louder than words! Use images that are sharp, clear and attractive to the user. Your brand logo must always accompany your images as well! Images would serve as an advertising vehicle for your brand.
- No matter what you do, be sincere. Sincerity equals believability and credibility for your brand.